Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Spirit Crossed the Bridge Today..... June 9, 2016 (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6869)

ozzi 12-21-2011 06:20 PM

Re: Spirit-Newfoundland

Patty,

Thanks for the explanation! Intuitively, it seems that it shouldn't matter because it's given subq, but that makes sense. My vet told me to inject Ozzi anywhere on the upper 2/3 of his body, because she didn't feel the insulin absorbed as well in the lower 1/3. I remember her saying this when Ozzi was diagnosed but never questioned it since I was just overwhelmed with the diagnosis, and never followed up on it!

Kevin

jim maceri 12-22-2011 10:11 AM

Packing up the rest of the "stuff" for our trip but I didn't want to leave without giving everyone in this community my heartfelt thanks for all you do. May you have a Merry Christmas and may God continue to bless you in the new year. (and hopefully give all of us good BG numbers thru the holidays.)

I will be checking in whenever I can and will give you an update on spirit during our travels. I'm testing him 2-3 times a day still and plan on doing a curve once we get to the RV resort in Naples to see how the travel and excitement affects him.

Bless You all.......this forum was the best gift I could have received over the holidays!!!

Jim, MJ and Spirit-Bear :)

Patty 12-22-2011 11:11 AM

God bless Jim and safe travels! Enjoy your trip :)
Merry Christmas,
Patty

MaryLea 12-22-2011 11:55 AM

Have a safe journey and Merry Christmas. Look forward to good reports as you have opportunity to enter them.

Mary ;)

LilyBell 12-22-2011 12:33 PM

Merry Christmas, Jim! Have a safe trip!! :)

CraigM 12-22-2011 12:37 PM

Wish we were going with you. 24 degrees this morning and Annie doesn't like to walk on frozen grass. ;)

Abby's Mom 12-22-2011 12:49 PM

Merry Christmas Jim, MJ and Spirit-Bear, and a wonderful New Year.
Safe Travels.

Abby's Mom 12-22-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigM (Post 64292)
Wish we were going with you. 24 degrees this morning and Annie doesn't like to walk on frozen grass. ;)

Ever think of some boots? Poor Annie.

Shellie 12-22-2011 10:44 PM

Have a warm and safe holiday! Hope Spirit does well! Hugs!

bowens2 12-23-2011 07:16 AM

I too envy you the warmer weather and look forward to hearing how Spirit does on his trip but sounds like you have everything under control and that he should do extremely well. Have fun and stay safe.