View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 02:00 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Newly diabetic pug - HELP!

My Jesse developed canine cognitive dysfunction(doggie dementia) in her latter years. The diabetes was hard that first year but after that it was a breeze .CCD was very difficult . It is a progressive disease and gets more and more chalang9ing to deal with . Now I am semi retired and have not worked for over a year so keeping an eye on her was doable and I was happy to do it as she has done so much for me . Its the least I could do .

I figured ways to work with the new challenges to make it a bit easier for Jesse and me but I was limited in terms of time leaving her alone but she had no problem giving me 4 hours

Now with her gone since the beginning of the summer I am traveling extensively which I have not done since she became diabetic some 11 years ago but I would give all that up to have her back in my life even as she was .

As My mom always said who I lost early in the year no one ever promised you a rose garden . You do the best you can with what you got . Figure ways to make things a bit better and live life within that moment.
Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021