View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 04:39 AM

Default Re: Help for Romeo

So, though he seems more playful and has stopped losing weight, he is still having many issues. Peeing and drinking like crazy. Blood curve yesterday, after a week of antibiotics for UTI, was disappointing.

6 am 450, 1.5 units
9 am 322
11 am 409
1 pm 392
3 pm 386
6 pm 495, 1.5 units
8 pm 419
10 pm 342
Much too high overall. Still hitting nadir three hours after shot. So it isnít lasting.

Iím feeling discouraged and so tired of stepping in pee! Bought pee bands but think I had a size too small because it got wet but didnít seem to hold. Bought another size. Worried they will aggravate the UTI but really Iím at my wits end and at least need it on during night so I donít step in pee. If they work that is. He wonít sleep in the kitchen bcuz he has always slept next to my bed. I fell in pee when I got up in the dark to go to the bathroom myself and now can hardly walk on my left ankle. Then thereís the need to wash him after he has peed in the diaper. I have a call in to the vet.

Two of my friends recommended a holistic vet and Iím nearly that desperate.

Sigh.
Deb
Romeo, toy poodle dx diabetic Feb 2019. Natural Balance L.I.D. Sweet Potato Bison, Whole Life freeze dried turkey snacks. Vetsulin 2.5 units every 12 hrs. Ocu-Glo supplement. Dry eyes: Tacrolimus 1.0 (max dose available) 3x day and Diclofenac drops 2x day, along with Genteel gel lubricant at least 3-4 x/day.