Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bella Blessing

Originally posted by Bella Blessing View Post
    to recap the things I do is alternate injection sites and I no longer put in scruff of the neck.
    Switched to grain free wet food so less carbs
    I have a picture of best injection sites I just forget where I saved it. I will keep looking.
    Glad what you are doing for Bella seems to be working for her.

You mentioned a picture of injection sites. There's one in the answers section here: http://www.k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2290

Take care,
    Patty
    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

doing wonderful . She runs like a puppy. I am hoping to do another curve tomorrow .

Comment

I was wondering what that other decease is called that has similar clinical signs as diabetic animals do
        Thank you

Comment

Cushings can have some of the same symptoms. But blood sugar that runs quite high is typically due to diabetes mellitus.
          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Originally posted by Patty View Post
            Cushings can have some of the same symptoms. But blood sugar that runs quite high is typically due to diabetes mellitus.
            Thank Patty
            have a Merry Christmas and a happy new year
            Last edited by Bella Blessing; 12-10-2012, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Hi Everyone

I haven't done another curve yet hope to get one done this week. How is everyone doing?
              My girl is doing very well. She gets plenty to eat but is still hungry. Would anyone else have the same problem?
              Thanks

Comment

why yes i think jesse would eat all day if i let her before becoming diabetic she free fed and it would take a day or longer to finish her bowl of food

now she inhales her food and looks for more is there something going on to cause this is it natural i dont know jesse seems healthy weight is good stools are doing good.

i guess i would take this over a dog that was having a difficult of a time eating at designated times that sounds very difficult
                Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Originally posted by jesse girl View Post
                  why yes i think jesse would eat all day if i let her before becoming diabetic she free fed and it would take a day or longer to finish her bowl of food

now she inhales her food and looks for more is there something going on to cause this is it natural i dont know jesse seems healthy weight is good stools are doing good.

i guess i would take this over a dog that was having a difficult of a time eating at designated times that sounds very difficult
                  I give her more beans and celery when she wants more food. I think she is gaining weight.

Comment

Hi everyone . Hope everyone had a wonderful New Years

Comment

Same to you!
                      Zoe: 12 yr old Black Lab/shepherd mix. Diagnosed 6/1/11. Currently on 15 units Novolin NPH 2x day, and hopefully as close to regulated as possible. Feeding merrick Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato. Weight 63lbs.

Comment

Happy New Year!

Jake
                        13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                        At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

http://forum.americandiabeteswholesale.com/forum.php
                          This is a form that has been started.by a DVM. She is a wonderful lady.she also works for the American Diabitis warehouse .

Comment

January 2016 and my Bella Blessing is doing very well going on in her 6th year with this disease. About 4 years ago we switched her to a raw meat diet and that made all the difference in the world. Sorry I haven't been writing all these years very busy and she was and is doing very well. We also continue with the eye drops and about a year ago introduced an immune support that is incredible.
                            Hope everyone is well.

Comment

thats great news jesse will be at 6 years this march

jesse has been on a partially raw diet . she is probably in better shape then when she was younger with many seizures from epilepsy and allot of shedding

the fur stopped shedding beutiful coat and her seizures have been greatly reduced . dont know if the food was a factor but we are always grateful
                              Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                              Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Love to hear success stories.

Congrats on the milestone, and huge kudos to Bella Blessing and yourself for navigating this disease so well.
                                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Working...
                                X