Lucy, our rescued cattle dog, is an angel... April 21, 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Foster Dog Lucy - 7 yr old Aus. Cattle Dog

She is truly a beautiful dog. I'm so thrilled her surgery went well. Congrats Rick. This is another little miracle
    Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Aw she's so cute, I'm so glad everything worked out for our Lucy.
      Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

Got this from Dr. David yesterday. Very cute!

Her eyes are that beautiful Cattle Dog brown again.

Rick

Comment

Aw, very nice picture Lucy !!
          Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

Thank you Rick, for posting this amazing new photo that Dr. David sent to you. Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!

What beautiful eyes she has, that pretty Lucy of "ours".

And please tell Dr. David and Connie thank you so much for the updates! I think of Lucy so often and wonder how she's doing.

P.S. My goodness, I just realised that it was almost exactly 6 months ago (just before Christmas) that we "found" Lucy and it was a scary time until we also found you to physically go and rescue her. A lot can happen in six months, for Lucy it's all good!
            Originally posted by Fishslayer View Post
            Got this from Dr. David yesterday. Very cute!

Her eyes are that beautiful Cattle Dog brown again.

Rick
            Last edited by acushdogsmom; 06-30-2009, 04:59 PM. Reason: to add something

Comment

I'm so glad she's cruising through the recovery! She does look like she's thinking "enough pictures already!"

Way to go Lucy!

Natalie

Comment

Ohhhh, I'm so glad I got up this morning to see this! Happy News is harder to come by, but couldn't be more welcome! Yeah Lucy!!!!

Comment

• Awwwww....

Got a note from Dr. Dave & Connie...

Lucy has the head of a Doberman the body of a coyote, the tail of a Yeti, the pancreas of an old man, the eyes of an eagle and a heart of purest gold!! - drg
                  How sweet. She continues to do well.

Oh yeah... went to an adoption event up in Anaheim Saturday to pick up a Cattle Dog to foster. She was adopted by the time I got there! So there was a BC/ACD/??? mix. A shy, very polite young gentleman who had come from a hoarder. "OK. We'll take him instead."

He got adopted, too!

Rick
                  Last edited by Fishslayer; 07-13-2009, 10:49 PM.

Comment

I see Cathy's Canines has been cranking out the puppies... I wish I could convey her heartlessness to her customers.

Great news about Lucy - they obviously adore her!

Natalie

Comment

Aw...that's sweet.
                      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

• Re: I do you nails?

haha, juding from the photo it looks like your doggy is not too happy about this trimming procedure :P We always bring them to the vet, but why not at home in the garage Probably saves some cash too. As we all should know cutting the nails is important, otherwise they might get problems walking.

Comment

• Re: I do you nails?

Originally posted by Fishslayer View Post
                          Thanks for that.

For Lucy it's not a problem. Her nails are REALLY long right now & the hair on her paws is really short.

I will try the cheesecloth with my other Cattle Dog and the wife's GSD. I have a feeling neither one of them will be as easy to work with as Lucy.

Rick
                          Devon will only let women do his toe nails. No man can be in the room at all or he will lose it. It's the only procedure he needs to be muzzled for and the only one where I must be present.

My vet techs have told me that many Rotties, Dobies and GSD mixes are just freaks about their toes. So good luck with that Rick

snow <--human
                          Devon<--dogman

Comment

• Lucy Update

After a couple trips to the Anaheim Hills Petco for adoption events it occurred to me that we were right down the road from Lucy's furever home! D'OH!

Last month Dr. Dave & Connie were nice enough to come down with Lucy for a little reunion. She looks SO good! Her weight is good and her little legs have MUSCLE in them!

And her eyes are that deep Cattle Dog brown. I was all verklempt.

She is definitely David's dog now. She walks really well with him on lead.

Here's one that Dr. David sent me. Lucy looks SO serious about her toys! She always was that way. She is a very serious, ladylike princess!

Rick

Comment

Rick,

Lucy looks great it must do your heart good
                              Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

• Re: Lucy Update

Oh Rick, she looks wonderful!!! What a happy new beginning for her and them. You are her guardian angel
                                Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X