Bella Blessing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bella Blessing

Well done - six years is very impressive!

Raw does seem to work well for many dogs. We did it for several years but then Eddie developed EPI and it was too hard to manage with the necessary enzymes then.
    Antonia
    Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

That's wonderful and encouraging news. Congrats!

We've been at this thing since last April and I'm still trying to get good numbers on a consistent basis. My Bichon does well for a couple days then goes up into 300's for a time but I think the food may have something to do with it as I've switched a couple of times.

May I ask what the raw diet is that you feed your pup? What kind, how much, etc? My girl is 18 lbs and I have her on Natural Balance Fat Dogs kibble which is mostly carbs, but good carbs and Wellness Whitefish & Sweet Potato canned. I've been told that raw is the best but am very hesitant to try it.

Thanks,
      Brenda
      11 yr. old Bichon Frise...Diagnosed April 2015...Novolin 2x/day; snacks- frozen green beans, dehydrated chicken piece and frozen pumpkin pieces.

Comment

Aw, what a lovely note! Happy new year to you as well!

I will bring up the poll on how long your dog has lived with diabetes - hope you will vote to show off her six years!

Natalie

Comment

Working...
        X