Angel Mochi December 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pray for mochi..

Yeah it can be tough . Jesse has had her protests for going for walks . You may never figure it out but being more aware in the future and maybe catching things before they get more difficult

Fasting is a great tool in any digestive illness . Even for humans
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

We started decreasing the amount of food for Mochi and stopped giving him dried chicken during the day. But it seems like it decreased his appetite even more..tonight he only ate a tiny bit of chicken breast and dried chicken but won't even touch his food..

Does this mean he's getting worse?
      We thought it was working since he's had more energy the past couple of days..but im starting to worry with his appetite..and not willing to eat
      Mochi is a 11 year old Pomeranian. Weighing 11-12 lbs
      Diagnosed with diabetes February 2016
      Had cataract surgery June 2016.
      On 5 units of HumilinN

Comment

If mochi still has an inflamed pancreas there will still be pain and that includes when eating . Less appetite may point to more pain but its hard to say . It could also be psychological remembering the pain but my thought is if a dog doesnt want to eat there is something not right . There are other symptoms with the disease . How are the stools ? Any vomiting ? Lethargy . Progression of the disease is life threatening which my jesse barely survive 10 years ago

You could have the vet check to see if moochi still has pancreatitis as this has been going on for sometime

Hopefully moochi can back to his old self soon
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .

Comment

I brought Mochi into a different vet today since his regular doctor isn't in today.

I'm in a very confused state because she called and told me Mochi isn't looking good..she suggested that we bring him into the emergency and get 24 hour car.
          Mochi's appetite completely decreased yesterday and didn't want anything...so I think it is progressively getting worse. The only thing was he still has the energy to play and go for walks..

I just don't understand why my vet said doing sub q at home is good enough...
          On 5 units of HumilinN

Comment

Sometimes its good enough but they should have sugested to withhold food for at least 48 hours or longer and then after that give small portions of food

So you maybe back to square one which is a shame but hopefully this will get Mochi back on track

They let me visit jesse in hospital to cheer her up when she went through this . Hopefully you can get to see your baby mochi

Its good mochi is not terribly sick but you have to be careful with this disease as things can change quickly so you want to take care of business

Thanks for letting us know and keep us posted. Mochi is in our prayers

Comment

Thank you...

Mochi is now at the emergency vet..they recommended him to stay for at least 3-4 days..and get another ultrasound and xray done..his bilirubin was quite high as well..
              The vet stay will cost about 7000$...
              I dont knpw why he kept declining even after we started giving him sub q and withheld his food..

They said looking at mochi from the outside he seems ok and perky but the blood work is quite concerning with his pancreas and liver enzymes..
              On 5 units of HumilinN

Comment

Yeah its expensive . Jesse's bill came out to be about 10 grand . Its allot of care that needs to be done and there are not any guruteest . Jesse was very sick at the time and it showed on the inside and outside .Positive thoughts for you and Mochi

Comment

Mochi has cancer in his pancreas..
                  They said he wont make it..
                  My heart is broken..
                  On 5 units of HumilinN

Comment

I'm so sorry about Mochi. I was hoping he would improve.

I know exactly what you're going through and will be praying for you and Mochi.

Comment

Me and jesses heart goes out to you and Mochi

Comment

I'm so very sorry. I lost 3 dogs to cancer over 45 years. It's a terrible diagnosis to hear. Hugs to you and your sweet boy.

Bonnie and Angel Crissy Ann

Comment

I am curious how they came to the diagnosis of the cancer as a biopsy is the way to totally confirm the cancer It is rare in dogs and symptoms can be the same as pancreatitis . I am not sure with such a diagnosis a second opinion maybe warranted

Comment

They did an ultrasound supposedly and the radiologist confirmed that it is cancer. I am not sure how becsuse when he was explaining it to me I was just in complete shock..
                            On 5 units of HumilinN

Comment

I am so sorry
                              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

So sorry to hear this.

Comment

Working...
                                X