X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jake

Oh, happy birthday jake...many more
    Keep up the spirit!!!
    Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

What a handsome devil! Happiest of birthdays to him!!!!
      Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

• Happy Belated Birthday and Sugar-versary to Jake!! Keep those spirits up!!
        Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

Awwww, what a handsome guy. Happy birthday, and sugar anniversary to Jake.

Barb
          Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Aw... so handsome. Happy Teenager Jake!! And happy sugarversary too!!! Adding our love to the love of your family.

Natalie

Comment

• Re: Jake - Turned 13 September 8, 2016

Happy belated birthday, Jake. Hope your day was special.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Happy birthday, Jake, ... what a great looking little guy! Many more for you.
                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Today I had the very hard job of helping Jake go to the rainbow bridge. He was getting weaker and weaker everyday. I couldn't stand to see the pain, struggles to stand and confusion anymore. My heart hurts, but I know I did the right thing for him. His diabetes was in great control, but the degenerative myelopathy took away his quality of life.

I will be forever thankful for this wonderful forum. I credit the knowledge of this group to Jake's controlled diabetes.

Jake
                  13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                  At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Oh man, I am so sorry to read this

Sending you a great big hug....
                    Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Oh linda Jake really had a great life . I can tell because of the person you are being so caring and with jake struggling you did the most courageous thing to give him his freedom from the pain of this world

Jake had a long life and with additional challenges that made it even more incredible how long he lived

Nobody said loving was going to be easy but we do it unselfishly

I always like the doggie birthday cakes to celebrate all the forum doggies it makes me smile

you and jake are supported in this time as we give a kiss to jake with love and joy
                      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Oh Linda,
                        So so sorry for your loss. Jake was a lucky boy to have you for a mom...RIP sweet boy, run free
                        Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Oh, Linda, I'm so very sorry that you had to say goodbye. Jake was lucky to have someone who took such great care of him and who had the strength to put his needs first.

I did a lot of reading about degenerative myelopathy when Decker was having troubles with all four legs and watched several you tube videos. Didn't turn out to be what he had but I still remember the impact it had on those dogs.

My heart aches for you. May fond memories, in time, help ease the pain of his loss.

Holli
                          Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

• Re: Jake passed away November 12, 2016 at 13

Aw... Linda, I'm so very sorry to read of Jake's passing. Diagnosed September 24 and joined here in October of 2012. Quite the journey for the two of you.

December 23, 2012

I ran over to my Mom's for an hour and while I was gone Jake ate an entire homemade nut roll.
                            December 25, 2013

Ugh, fedx guy delivered a package and before I could say anything, he threw Jake two large milk bones. Jake was in heaven! Hasn't had one of those in over a year.
                            He was such a laborador

Your loving care and dedication to him are obvious all throughout this thread. Which means Jake had the BEST life even if he hadn't gotten away with a nut roll and some extra milkbones.

He was truly lucky to have you as his family. I know how much you will miss him. Sending him a Greenie and a Milkbone skyward and a hug to you all.

Natalie

Comment

I am so sorry to see this. Jake had wonderful humans and I know you made sure to let him enjoy being a dog. RIP Jake. We love you
                              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Very sorry to see this, Linda. Jake was very well cared for and much loved by you, .... which, I;m sure he knew. My condolences to you, and Godspeed to Jake.
                                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Working...
                                X