Queen Angel Tiggy July 30, 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tiggy, a work in progress!

Thanks so much for all the special birthday wishes!!

Her mommy took her to petsmart and bought her a new sweater for the upcoming winter, Divas can't wear last years styles! new toys... That still have the squeakers and stuffing for the time being

Grandpa got the honor of taking her for a mani/ pedi lol... More for us than her

We ventured to Petco later in the day in search for JERKY.. Found some turkey jerky USA made that the ingredient label says... Drumroll.... JUST TURKEY!! Nothing else and she loves it! Much more convient than buying the duck on line!

And she got a special treat of icecream with all the car rides and running around she did yesterday!!

Great day for the little girl with hopefully many more birthdays to come!

Sandy

Comment

Love it!
      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Happy belated Birthday Diva!!

What a great day you had!

Natalie

Comment

Ok - we will most certainly need a picture in her new sweater
          Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyL View Post
            Thanks so much for all the special birthday wishes!!

Her mommy took her to petsmart and bought her a new sweater for the upcoming winter, Divas can't wear last years styles! new toys... That still have the squeakers and stuffing for the time being

Grandpa got the honor of taking her for a mani/ pedi lol... More for us than her

We ventured to Petco later in the day in search for JERKY.. Found some turkey jerky USA made that the ingredient label says... Drumroll.... JUST TURKEY!! Nothing else and she loves it! Much more convient than buying the duck on line!

And she got a special treat of icecream with all the car rides and running around she did yesterday!!

Great day for the little girl with hopefully many more birthdays to come!

Sandy
            Sounds like miss tiggy had a fun day.. Happy birthday with many more to come
            sherryandfred.. in memory of fred he was a rat terrier that lived life with diabetes for 4 years and being blind for most of his life..he finally crossed the bridge on april 2, 2014 and will be missed greatly...

Comment

Happy Birthday Miss Tigs

Hope your new winter jumper keeps you warm and cozy and all those treats!

Everyday should be a divas birthday!
              Pippa; Westie, diagnosed 17th April 2012 at 6.5 years old, 8.7kgs, 6.8 units canninsulin bd, Burns high oats food . Lives with George 9 (Black lab), Polly 19 (cat) and Basil 15 (diabetic mog for 5+ years). Im Jen and we live in West Wales where it rains too much!

Comment

• Tiggy is an angel July 30, 2018

So many years since Sandy has posted her about the Diva... I'm sad to let you know that Tiggy passed away yesterday. Not from diabetes - other health issues. I believe she was 15 years old and she had been diabetic for 8 years.
                With a broken heart we had to say goodbye to the queen of the house yesterday. NOT because of her diabetes or anything related to it But due to other complications. She lived a great 15 years... 8 of those as a diabetic and was a trooper everyday of her life! Don’t be discouraged by this post, love your babies and give them your all��. It is a frustrating disease but I can attest they can live a very long and happy life with diabetes! I’ll miss you every day sweet Tiggy... run free at that bridge sweet girl������
                I had the privilege of actually meeting Queen Tiggy... such a character.

She lives on helping others with Sandy's wonderful videos of Tiggy having her blood sugar tested:

http://youtu.be/1L-Pvp4ivbU

Godspeed little girl and a huge hug to you, Sandy,

Natalie

Comment

• Re: Queen Angel Tiggy July 30, 2018

What a long diabetic life and what i have learned diabetes usually if managed adequately let our dogs live happy dogs lives

Looking back through your thread with tiggy and all the adventures you had together . Looking at the old posters and how happy they were to see tiggy succeeding including me and jesse

Tiggy is an angle
                  Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                  Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Tiggy was a fighter for sure... over cane Cancer, broken bones, and after a rocky start did great with her diabetes!! But the time had come with a new mass that popped up over night on her back end that caused her to lose about 80% of strength and was causing her so much pain to get around. She decided she didn’t want to eat for a couple days and totally denied any treats.... this definately wasn’t tig! We felt in our hearts she was telling us she was tired and done😢. It was peaceful and for the first time ever she wasn’t a shaking mess at the vet... she hated that place! So she was telling us it’s ok

To all of the old members who were her when we were..thankyou!!!!! Without you I wouldn’t have had those 8 years after she was diagnosed without you!!!! And for that I am blessed

To the new members. Keep plugging along!! Everyone of you can do this and have your babies live a long and healthy life!! It won’t always be easy but it can be done! This forum is a wealth of information and love. It’s another family that will help you get throu anything!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyL View Post
                      Tiggy was a fighter for sure... over cane Cancer, broken bones, and after a rocky start did great with her diabetes!! But the time had come with a new mass that popped up over night on her back end that caused her to lose about 80% of strength and was causing her so much pain to get around. She decided she didn’t want to eat for a couple days and totally denied any treats.... this definately wasn’t tig! We felt in our hearts she was telling us she was tired and done😢. It was peaceful and for the first time ever she wasn’t a shaking mess at the vet... she hated that place! So she was telling us it’s ok

To all of the old members who were her when we were..thankyou!!!!! Without you I wouldn’t have had those 8 years after she was diagnosed without you!!!! And for that I am blessed

To the new members. Keep plugging along!! Everyone of you can do this and have your babies live a long and healthy life!! It won’t always be easy but it can be done! This forum is a wealth of information and love. It’s another family that will help you get throu anything!

Hi Sandy, ... sorry to hear of Tiggy's passing. You did a wonderful job caring for her which I'm sure she knows. You, and yours, have my deepest condolences, and Godspeed to Tiggy.

Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

I'm so sorry Sandy. May God heal your broken hearts and know that Tiggy is whole and running freely without pain.
                        Mel
                        Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

And Mel I’m so sorry to see that Vinnie has passed😢. I remember when you guys started out here. There’s a reunion of those sugarbabies on that lush green lawn!

Comment

Sandy,

So sorry to hear of your loss of Tiggy. You did a wonderful job with her health.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

So sorry about Tiggy! She was an inspiration to so many and her story is a great reminder that diabetic dogs can live a normal life span and thrive.

Thank you for sharing her with us! Wishing you peace and comfort.

Amy
                              Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Sandy!
                                So Sorry to hear by Tiggy
                                I just stopped by on a whim.
                                What a doll Tiggy was, I know you will miss her for sure, boy what a gathering at that bridge
                                What a life that Queen Tiggy lived, we said goodbye to a couple of Queens this month.
                                Queen Tiggy and Queen Aretha
                                Hail to the Queens
                                Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Working...
                                X