Black Magic has departed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome Black Magic

Black Magic fought the last battle yesterday and was euthanized due to the discovery of a large mass on/in his liver which resulted in a host of debilitating symptoms. He'd been thru enough, maybe too much, with the diabetes, cataract surgery, and then the discovery of the mass and associated problems.

Comment

I'm so, so sorry to read this sad news.

May the wonderful memories you have of Black Magic quickly overshadow this heartbreaking time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

Bontemp - I am so very, very sorry for your loss. It's SO difficult to make that decision, but it's clear; you did what was right for Black Magic.

Good for you. I trust your happy memories of him will eventually overcome the intensity of the immediate grief I know you're feeling now.

Thanks so much for letting us know, You certainly did all you could for Black Magic, and I'm sure he appreciates it.

With deepest sympathy,

Sun, 12 Sep 2010 07:32:38 (PDT)
        http://www.coherentdog.org/
        CarolW

Comment

Re: Black Magic has departed

Bontemp, so very sorry for your loss.

It is always sad to read about such news. Be free BlackMagic and look over mommy. Virtual hug your way

Louise

Comment

Bontemp,
            I know the struggle you faced yesterday. Even when it's clear that there is no other alternative, the finality is heartbreaking. I faced the same issue with Ozzi exactly 4 weeks ago today, and I sympathize with you. You did everything you possibly could have done to help Black Magic, even making the toughest decision yesterday. My heart goes out to you, and I'm very, very sorry that you have lost a true friend.
            Kevin
            Ozzi, Dalmatian/Australian Cattle Dog mix, 12/03/1996 - 08/15/2010. Diabetes, blind from cataracts, cauda equina syndrome, and arthritis of the spine and knees. Daddy loves you Ozzi

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that Black Magic passed away. There is something so cruel about successfully battling the diabetes and blindness only to wind up facing cancer.

He was obviously deeply loved - the thing that matters most in the end.

With great sympathy,

Natalie

Comment

So sorry for your loss. Consider yourself hugged.

Tami & Soaphie
                Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know you have wonderful memories of Black Magic and some day they will bring smiles instead of tears.

Thinking of you,
                  Carolyn
                  Carolyn & Gretel - 12 yr. old mini-schnauzer - diag. Jan 2010 - lost her courageous battle with multiple issues on Feb. 17, 2014. So sadly missed by her family.

Comment

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss. Thinking of you at this very sad time, and sending prayers.
                    Jane and Franklin
                    Jane and Franklin, 8 years, maltese, currently 6.4kg, Australia. Cushing's with elevated hormones dx'd 2009/2010, proteinuria, epilepsy, diabetes dx'd July 2012. Phenobarb 30mg bid, 3mg melatonin bid, lignans sid, caninsulin 4.8u bid (a work in progress). Diet- home cooked. Blind from cataracts January 2013, sighted from surgery February 2013.

Comment

so sorry magic has passed. i know how hard this is to do and you never forget, but most find it in their heart to love again. magics memories will always be with you.
                      Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

So sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

You will treasure yor lovely memories of Black Magic.

It is never easy when they have too leave us, it hurts so much.

God Bless

Margaret
                        Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

I am so very sorry for your loss. Godspeed Black Magic.
                          We are thinking of you,
                          Patty
                          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

I am also very sad to read about Black Magic. I think the road all of us must take is so very hard when we have a chronically ill dog. But I also know that the bond we have with them is so much deeper because of it.

I hope that soon your memories will only be happy ones!

Comment

I am so very sorry for your loss of Black Magic. My thoughts and prayers are with you. My deepest sympathy.
                              Luv,

Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart

Comment

Working...
                              X