Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:11 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Foster Dog Lucy - 7 yr old Aus. Cattle Dog

Lucy looks terrific, nice to hear from you Rick
Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday
Old 11-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Interim CC

Hi Rick,

I ran across some Diamondback Drug receipts for her insulin last week while cleaning house so I've been thinking about her a lot lately. She looks wonderful doesn't she? Thanks so much for the update and good luck with finding a forever home for Buddy. My latest foster is a little Cairn Terrier that is as cute as can be. She was dumped at the shelter with five newborns. All babies have been adopted and now it's mom's turn to find a forever home. She was spayed and had dental two weeks ago so I am taking her to the groomers in the morning in preparation for her debut at the adoption clinic on Sunday. Good luck to all of us.

Hugs,
Glynda

P.S. In case you haven't peeked in at k9cushings, check out two little ones that are near and dear to my heart. I'll be taking them to a veterinary convention and trade show tomorrow where they have receipt a special admittance pass.

http://www.k9cushings.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1333
Old 04-27-2010, 01:00 PM

Default Happy Gotcha Day!

I sent Lucy a letter today CO Dr. David & Connie.

Quote:
Dear Lucy,

Happy Gotcha Day!

Today is the first anniversary of your arrival at your forever home. I think of you every day and give thanks for all the people who helped bring you into my life and for the wonderful humans who took you into theirs and who love you very much. They are nice enough to send me pictures and let me know how you are doing.

You will always have a special place in my heart, Lucy. I tell people about you all the time and tell them that you are one of those companions that, if a human is really lucky, comes along once in a lifetime.

I'm all verklempt now.

Rick
Old 04-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

Awe, I love that Rick

How are you doing?

Patty
Old 04-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Founding Member

Oh Rick! Now I'm all verklempt too! But I'm the happy kind of verklempt, if you know what I mean.

I think about Lucy and her beautiful brown eyes so often and I'm sure that she's happy in her forever home. I think about you, too. I know you must miss her.

I'd love to see any recent pictures that you might be able to post and would love to hear any Lucy news, too, if/when you hear from Dr. Dave and Connie.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:05 PM

I'm doing fine, thanks. Working 6 day weeks.

Buddy got adopted.

My new foster is a Cattle Dog mix from hell!

Don't let his looks fool you. This dog is Satan!

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Fishslayer; 04-27-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishslayer View Post
I'm doing fine, thanks. Working 6 day weeks.

Buddy got adopted.

My new foster is a Cattle Dog mix from hell!

Don't let his looks fool you. This dog is Satan!

OMG!!!! He's so cute!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 01:38 PM

Arrow Re: Foster Dog Lucy - 7 yr old Aus. Cattle Dog

Oh, Rick; it's just SO great to hear from you! And catch up on Lucy's news!

Glad Buddy got a home.

Now, this new one you have; wow; he is very handsome! So, what is Satan-ish about him? (hehe)

Love and hugs to Lucy - and to you! And to Satan-ish - what's his name?

Tell us a little about him!

Tue, 27 Apr 2010 13:37:11 (PDT)
Old 04-27-2010, 03:51 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

Nice to see you here Rick. Satan is a beauty
Old 04-28-2010, 07:55 AM

Satan's name is Caleb, but we've been calling him Bo-Bo. This is gonna sound stupid, but I don't think he likes "Caleb." I've always liked the name "Beauregard" for a dog, so....

He was picked up in Bakersfield as a stray and Love4canines.org picked him up with some other dogs. He was absolutely terrified of EVERYTHING and was stuck in a boarding kennel because nobody wanted to take him on. After Buddy got adopted...

His tail was docked and he was neutered when they found him, so he WAS in a home at one time. What KIND of home...

When I first saw his picture I immediately thought "coyote." After seeing his gait I believe he is a Corgi mix, but I wouldn't rule out a coyote in the woodpile somewhere. Someone who knows says she definitely sees coyote there.

Here's his rescue picture. Poor thing.

He's made great progress. He now takes treats from us at home but not when we're out & about. He's still VERY skittish around strangers.

He LOVES to play ball and even brings it all the way back sometimes. Loves to ride in the car and go for walks in town. Traffic noise doesn't seem to bother him as much as people do.

He is VERY high energy & boisterous. We are working on manners, which includes not marking in the house.

He IS adorable, isn't he?

Tags
rescue