Jesse girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jesse girl

thanks mike and bill. jesse and me appreciate your kind thoughts , Remember i work for jesse
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Happy Birthday Young Lady! You are an inspiration to all of your friends here on the board! Wishing you many more happy years

Comment

thanks SC mom just back from an extended rabbit hunt no chase but its still fun to look
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .

Comment

Happy Birthday Jesse!!!!

You've done such an amazing job with her regulation over the years. You're blessed to have each other!!
          Daisy 12 1/2 y/o 20lb Mini Schnauzer - 115g chicken breast, 45g chana dal, 55g green beans all chopped in a food processor, 20g Hills Perfect Weight, 1 tbs pumpkin, 8 units Novolin N q12h. Other meds-1/4t d-mannose twice daily, 1 Proviable DC daily, 1 multivitamin, 1/4t ground eggshells each meal, 1200mcg methyl B12 daily, 5mg zyrtec daily

Comment

Thanks daisy she is very special . she just had some pasta . She is looking at me saying whats the all fuss about haha

Comment

Happy 14th. Birthday, Jesse! Have an amazing life and keep on chasing those darn rabbits.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Thanks Bonnie . I think the rabbits is what keeps her going haha

Comment

Happy Birthday Jesse! She is one lucky girl to have had you to keep her diabetes on course. My vet always said that the key is to longevity is to be so in tune with your dog that you can sense the smallest thing and adjust. Of course, having that instinct of what works is another factor. Amazing job!
                  Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

I love your Jesse! Tell her happy birthday from me!

Originally posted by jesse girl View Post
                    Update on jesse

She is 14 years young today . She continues to amaze me . She is not fly girl anymore ( she would get a running start to jump into the bed ) She tries but misses the mark . She has slowed down a bit which means i can take her off her lead and let her walk free in the desert and not to worried of her running off to the next mountain chasing a rabbit

I have removed the final element of her raw diet which was the vegetables . I cook them now to help with digestion . I also added a milk thistle she had some stool problems earlier in the summer which seems to have been corrected

Her epilepsy including seizures and fear of loud bangs seems to be completely gone . thats been on the decline for some years now . Maybe the higher sugar in the brain may play a part but who knows either way we are very appreciative for that .

still goes for her 2 walks a day and one of them is chasing rabbits . She has lost some neighborhood friends . Thats the problem with getting old and outliving others but there is always new ones that come along

She is doing well and continues to enjoy her dinner and the things beagles like to do which we are happy about
                    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Thanks amy a judi . I think its more of an art than a skill

The thing is i dont mind taking care of her and i think she enjoys all the attention but i believe she believes there is nothing wrong with her

Comment

Well done. Gives us all hope for a long life for our pups. You're a great resource on here and we appreciate your input.
                        Wishing Jesse many more years.
                        Riley, 8 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 9.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.

Comment

Best wishes to the Birthday girl! Love to here these positive updates!
                          Snickers was an 18 year old Skye terrier mix. - Diagnosed 12-1-15. Angel status 4-21-19. She was a once in a lifetime dog that will always be in my heart.

Comment

thanks raysaint and lize . We are visiting my mom and me and jesse went for a walk and met a jack Russel . He looked like an old fellow little white goatee beard on his chin getting around pretty good . I asked the gentlemen how old he was and he said 21 his sister lived to 22 wow jesse is just a baby

Comment

Hi,
                              I was reading some of your posts and I wanted to thank you for sharing. My Max at the age of 4 was diagnosed earlier this year with diabetes and it gives me hope when when I hear of not only about how long Jesse has lived but that its obviously been a happy and active life.
                              Best wishes to you both!
                              Susan
                              Max is a 17lb terrier mix. Born 1/2014.
                              Diagnosed diabetic 3/2018.
                              8 units Novolin N twice a day.
                              Nature's Recipe Grain Free

Comment

thanks suzan

I am quite surprised . When she was diagnosed it wasnt a very good prognosis . I thought she may live 6 months . I had one vet tell me i was harming her but i stuck with what i believed would work and just stuck with it

I am glad she has a happy dogs life

Comment

Working...
                                X