Newbie needing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbie needing help

http://us-alphatrak-live.ztsaccess.c...g-blood-sample.

thats a link to instructions just to check.

did you code the meter same as code on the test strips? think i used 35 and 36

oh Max what a trooper. it could be a dud meter.

also check the customer reviews where you bought it.Amazon, ask a question on amazon?
    phone mfg of the alphatrack.

i turned the meter on , then took out a strip put it i the meter, then took the lancet poked his innerlip, then put the test strip into the blood droplet.

i.ll keep lookingfor an answer.
    Last edited by Riliey and Mo; 08-26-2021, 05:45 PM.
    Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
    20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

okay this might work for error codes alphatrack

take out the battery then put itback in

replace the battery .. its a Cr2032.

some meters sold are old and might this.
      20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

So I am back from my long weekend and my husband could not get a reading from the Alphatrack over the weekend. I think I’m going to send it back for a replacement… We put a Libre sensor on him and it’s been reading in the high 400’s. I called the vet (the one who diagnosed him is out due to complications from pregnancy), so I talked to a new vet about raising his Vetsulin to 6 units instead of 5, but she didn’t want to do that yet. She asked me all the standard questions: Did I refrigerate it, yes. Am I feeding first with insulin right after, yes. Am I rolling it, yes. How are you rolling it, I described how Dr. G showed us placing the bottle between our hands, top to bottom and rolling. She said, oh no, that’s not how you do it. You must roll it in your hands with the bottle on its side. So her answer was not to increase the insulin, but go get a new bottle, which my husband is doing now, and to only administer after rolling sideways. Does this make sense, as it does not to me???
        Thank you for any help.
        Donna

Comment

i.m assuming you took out the battery and put it back or replaced it

after all that bottle bs did anyone ask you to bring him in to be tested?

Comment

I did take out the battery and put it back in. I did not replace it...

Nope, she did not mention re-testing, just wanted to sell me a new bottle I guess...

I'll give her the benefit of doubt and give him his evening insulin from the new bottle and will send her a curve tomorrow, but I think it's going to make zero difference, to be honest...

Donna

Comment

I fed Max about an hour ago and he was Hi (over 500). I just checked it again and it's still Hi. I've got a feeling that's why the AlphaTrack isn't working as the Er1 means it's over 500... Yep, I used the new bottle and rolled it per her instructions. Will continue with this curve from the Libre, send it to Dr. P tomorrow and pray she lets me up his insulin...
              Donna

Comment

it would be a good idea to get some urine test strips. dip it in his urine. it.ll at least show if he has ketones. sensors dont read properly in lower and higher numbers. his could be happening. i.d be using a hand held meter as soon as possible

Comment

I'll do that, but keep in mind this is the vet that charged me $65 to tell me there was no way this dog is diabetic, this spring upon a visual. As of August 8, he didn't have ketoacidosis.

Donna

Comment

Ok, venting here, but I've had two Cushing's dogs, an EPI dog and an Addisonian dog - I know the endocrine system pretty well! She treated me like a simpleton... I didn't much like that... He's down to 467 2.5 hours after feeing and insulin. I'd LOVE to find a new vet, but that isn't an option as the pandemic has created a lack of them...
                    Donna

Comment

I've been to this practice for over 40 years. All the vets there that I've trusted and loved are retired...
                      This new wave of vets after the pandemic, when everyone adopted a dog, is insane!
                      We spent over 6 hours at an emergency vet just to check my GSD in...
                      And another 6 hours the next day because my vet called in sick..
                      Folks, for those of you who have children, veterinary medicine is the way to go!!! I'm pushing it on my grandkids! LOL

Donna

Comment

I did a curve today and as I expected, zero difference in numbers on the new bottle of insulin...

Donna

Comment

You could make the switch to nph insulin and usually you can buy it from walmart for about $25 without a prescription with syringes and go it alone without a vets supervision which is what I did with my Jesse after a couple weeks . I had come to the conclusion a general approach to k9 diabetes doesnt work that well and especially for challenging ones like my jesse was.

Its really not that complicated as long as you don't react to single numbers and do your weekly curves and adjust the dose on the lowest number within that curve
                          Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                          Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

The vet finally called me back and agreed to let me up his Vetsulin to 6 units. We agreed to check back on Tuesday and if the numbers haven't gone down, we will do an LDDST next week. I'll keep you posted.

Donna

Comment

I don't know what happened to my last post, but am reposting. For the first time since early August, Max went below 200 at 9:00 AM. He's since been over 500 as it was short lived for maybe an hour and a half...
                              He's fed at 5:30 AM followed by 6 units of vetsuline. By 9:00 AM he was in the hight 400's. What does this mean?

Comment

usually we ask people to retest the low number to be accuratebut you cant do that because your using a sensor.

now do you see their not accurate

this means you need to at least double check with a hand held glucose meter.

it also means he might be getting too much food

also cushings is a possibility

you can pick one up at the pharmacy, some lancets and strips. the One touch is a good one.
                                Last edited by Riliey and Mo; 09-04-2021, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X