Dog diagnosed with diabetes 4/28/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dog diagnosed with diabetes 4/28/20

a really good product for dogs skin is Apoquel. take a look see what you think. its successful in treating itching in about 4 hours.
    your doing great
    Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
    20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

my dog had cushings and diabetes and when her cortisol got really really low, her insulin needs got really really low. It could be some other non-diabetic reason.

At least since you are testing you can adapt. it isn't easy that is for sure

hang in there
      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

@riley yeah I looked at that medication I might hold off on it for a bit since he’s doing okay at the moment. I’ve been giving him a shot called cytopoint every three weeks but it’s been five now and he hasn’t itched like he use to so I’ve held back on it and using only he spray on him. His hair has started growing back. So I have to massage it in now lol. It seems I’ve found a point where his numbers are back to 120 before meals it’s at 4 units each meal for three days now so I’ll see if there’s any changes in the coming month. @judi my dog takes levothyroxine for hypothyroidism for about five years now. I might have to get him checked for Cushing possibly but his only symptoms for it are hair loss but that comes from his allergies to dust since he was a pup and I seem to have found a way to battle that for the moment. All in all he seems much more like his pup self before we found out he had allergies to dust. The skin infections throughout the years plagued him constantly having to take antibiotics and steroids in constant rotation causing him to hardly get any deep sleep due to the itching now he sleep through out the night thankfully. Thanks for the chime ins guys I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
        X