Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 07-22-2021, 04:01 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: Jesse girl

Thanks Tami, eileen and Mr greg for your kind words

I am on a nationwide drive to visit family and friends . I got Jesse's blanket as my seat cover . She was always my copilot . I will be curious to see if my daughters dog can smell and remember jesse from the blanket as she spent some time with her maybe 6 years ago

I am definitely getting my doggie fix as everyone has a dog and I think the dogs kind of sense that I need a bit more attention .
Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021
Old 07-23-2021, 08:17 AM

I haven't looked on the forum much since my little Pippi passed away at the end of May. I just saw that your sweet Jesse has passed to the Rainbow Bridge.

I was so sad to read this. I burst out crying, actually. You were so helpful to Pippi and me, and it wouldn't have been possible without your Jesse. Jesse was such a little trooper, wasn't she? What a long journey you two had together. You both helped so many people and their diabetic dogs.

Jesse is now whole again, free from diabetes. She's leading the pack in full cry as she chases all those rabbits at the Rainbow Bridge.
Old 07-30-2021, 02:31 PM

So sorry to hear of Jesse's passing - I thank you so much for all the advise you gave to me for Yukon over the 1 year + of his diabetic life. I miss him so dearly and cannot imagine the pain you have been feeling.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Jesse was a special dog.
15 yr old, Atypical Cushings, Pancreatitis, Allergies. 11.5u Vetsulin 2x a day. Royal Canin Glycobalance 1 cup 2x Day with 3 teaspoons boiled chicken and chicken bone broth. Snacks Green Beans. Tylan Powder, Purina Fortiflora, Flax Hull Lignans 35mg 1x day.

Last edited by YukiesMom; 07-30-2021 at 02:31 PM. Reason: add a word
Old 08-30-2021, 07:57 PM

I just heard of Jesse's passing. Have not been on in a long time, but I remember you and her. I'm so sorry for your loss.

I have a foster diabetic Yorkie, Ruby, these days, who also is EPI. Blood work last week did not make the vet happy. We are doing a follow-up blood test tomorrow for Addison's. I'm clueless! I've had Ruby for 2 years, as she is a senior with issues and basically unadoptable. It may be time for me to transition her to family. I'm attached, and she's finally become that way, too, I think.

Best wishes to you as you travel!
Old 08-31-2021, 09:44 AM

So very sorry for your loss... They are never with us long enough...
Godspeed Jesse and gentle hugs for your mom.
Old 09-16-2021, 02:33 PM

I am so sad to hear about your pup's passing..my heart breaks constantly having learned of Mike's Lilly as well..After just losing 2 of my pups, I am spending 24/7 trying to regulate Suzie's BG..and kept thinking how you and others were able to develop your own insulin program to stabilize your pups' BG..Since DVM put her back on NPH, I am administering 1-2 units of regular 4-5 times/day..BG from 100-650/700 on a regular basis. You are such a good caregiver and seem to have known exactly how to manage the DM1...What a good mom you have been...I know that your heart is hurting so..I am soooo sorry!!!

Last edited by bichons9; 09-16-2021 at 02:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-18-2021, 05:22 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichons9 View Post
I am so sad to hear about your pup's passing..my heart breaks constantly having learned of Mike's Lilly as well..After just losing 2 of my pups, I am spending 24/7 trying to regulate Suzie's BG..and kept thinking how you and others were able to develop your own insulin program to stabilize your pups' BG..Since DVM put her back on NPH, I am administering 1-2 units of regular 4-5 times/day..BG from 100-650/700 on a regular basis. You are such a good caregiver and seem to have known exactly how to manage the DM1...What a good mom you have been...I know that your heart is hurting so..I am soooo sorry!!!
Thanks

Its very difficult to get any consistency withy inconsistent feeding . Its something I worried with jesse as she got older but for the most part even with doggie dementia I was able to keep her sugar in a good place

I used regular insulin for the first few years and after that it wasn't necessary

Fiding what works for your unique set of challenges is what's needed and adapting to it . Its all trial and error
Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021